Thursday, January 15, 2009

Special Famous Curry Mee, Ayer Itam Market

we went to do prayer for Gong Gong at Kek Lok Si Temple...
itz been quite a while since the last visit to there... kinda miss gong gong... thus, suggested to 'visit' him on this beautiful Sunday...

As usual, after Kek Lok Si... we will have our breaky at Ayer Itam Market... our famous Curry Mee Stall...

the auntie is very old.. but still very Cute and nice~ ^^
I guess this is the last and only one Curry Mee stall in Penang... it doesn't sell at a normal hawker stall but auntie carries the bamboo baskets like old time... stall sets up by the road side...

people sits on the little stool surrounding the 'stall'... we hafta squat and eat the yummie curry mee under the hot but healthy morning Sun... this will certainly makes the food become more delicious... won't it..?


I believe daddy and uncles have been visited old auntie's curry mee during their very young age... even before I was borned...
therefore, me too been visiting this stall since kindergarden, or perhaps younger...










































auntie is so cute, purposely held on the post for me to take a pic of her...
the specialty of her curry mee is the Marinated Cuttle Fish.. its gravy certainly made its soup reached the MAx yummie level...

beside CurryMee, auntie does actually sell Economic Fried Bee Hoon too... it's Amazing to have the fried bee hoon in Curry Mee soup !! oh my~
too bad.. the fried bee hoon always sold out very early.. apparently, I didn't get to have it ... *sniff~














the curry mee doesn't have thick coconut milk aroma.. much clearer compared to others... no prawn, no any fancy ingredient but the gravy from the marinated cuttle fish given it the sweetness taste...












today, when I was browsing tru some food blogs, I found this blog writing about auntie's curry mee... was surprised... ^^ see how famous is it..?
je je is having her 2nd bowl~





















we didn't sit at auntie's stall... I can't bare to holding the hot bowl and squating at the stall... guess I will drop the bowl before I finish my mee... but it's really a cool experience to eat in squating pose beside a river... I would give it a go during my next visit... :P we seated at the kopi stall opposite...















this auntie used to sell Hokkien Mee which is very nice too...
recently, she sells English Breakfast too...















it looks tempting huh...















after meal, I must go to the bakery along the main road !!















breads are always so fresh and special in variesties... it opens at 4/5am daily..

































they offer varieties of healthy bread.. such as wholemeal/ multigrain/ black sesame and etc etc.. which are all so nice....

















I wish to try this Mango Tart whenever I passed by this signboard... See how tempting is this...


No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...