Friday, January 16, 2009

family day at Chowrasta Market, Georgetown

my favourite wet & dried Market in Penang ---> 'Chowrasta-Market' in Georgetown... we used to call it 'Indian-Market'....
i'm not sure if it's the biggest in town? but i think one of the most happening can use to describe it nicely... :)
I was excited when ah yee called me on the week before, asked if I would want to join her to go on the following Sunday..
I quickly answered her with a big-YES!!!! I was so looking forward throughout the whole week, kept reminding daddy, mummy, je je & ko ko bout it, to make sure they can make it and won't ppk at last minute....

3rd JAn' 09, 8am...
attendees: Daddy, Mummy, jeje, jefu, (surprisingly, je je managed to wake Cayden up for this early trip, gud job je... ;) ), lil mOnster, ko ko, ah yee, pong yee, stewpig & kimmie...

Wan Tan MEE...
very nice indeed... at first, je je was the one ordered it... after seeing her ate it till so yummilicious... ko ko, stewpig, daddy and mummy had it too... stewpig and koko had the thick noodle while mummy ordered the soup-based...


















itz been a super long time I never have this Hokkien Mee... remember we always came to this market when we were young... seldom come anymore since we moved up to bt lanchang...
Lor-Cham-Th'ng, my fav.... ^^






















I don't eat Cheong Fun... but I do think this is very nice... I doubt this is the only hawker stall that instant made the cheong fun...
HK Chee Cheong Fun with choices of Prawn or BBQ Pork...














































this Kuih Kak stall is always surrounding with heaps of customers... no doubt it is nice..
sorrie that I didn't manage to take a pic of my char kuih kak before the chopsticks came attacking it..!!
auntie really fulfilled upon requests... heaps of chai por... not stingy at all... ^^













I was crazily excited when I saw this guy carrying the basket of Curry Puff walked pass us...
this is the one eating with red-onion !! *winkz !!
when we saw the HaiNamese noodles stall opposite the road... ko ko and I couldn't help but walked over to 'take-a-look'...
too bad all of us already so full.. orelse we sure order one to try... ^^
According to daddy... Hai Nam Char is something like Hokkien Char, just slightly more gravy...
I think it's similiar with the one we had in Georgetown Cafe the other day...






















Canto people like my granny will have 'wax-foods' during CNY...





















































everyone is buying the deco for CNY.... :)



































daddy said it is the way to hide
away the bamboo stick... :P
I can no more see this type of Gold Fish Stall at any other place...
the uncle, owner of the clothes-stall, also a fren of daddy...
carried lil mOnster to play some songs... :P



















































do they look like 2 gay, shopping at market... seems to buying some ingredients and cook candlelight dinner for tonite...
















No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...