Friday, January 16, 2009

Hai Onn Kopitiam in Georgetown...

finally, I managed to make my way to Hai Onn on this early morning with stewpig...
I've tried to get him to there since many many months ago... so wanted to let him try my fav roti bakar from there.. always failed... =.=

I could say all my siblings... cousins... all 'grown-up' from here... we were staying in town area during our young ages... we must come to this coffee shop few times in a week...
the Hokkien Mee from Hai Onn... is in the top list of my-fav-foods... I can always feel the 'taste-of-my-childhood' whenever I eat it... ^^

I always like the HOkkien Mee, while my ko ko and je je are craved for the Koay Teow Th'ng... somehow the koay teow th'ng has moved to the shop at the next lane... due to some weird-reason... and we never want to try the current-koay-teow-th'ng stall... not because of it's not nice.. the business is good too.. heard that their fish ball is cool...
just that we're too sincere toward what we Love~ *bling~ >.<

ko, je & I used to say that, here has the most delicious Koay Teow Th'ng, my most fav and averagely delicious Hokkien Mee, most yummie roti bakar with yummie kaya & butter, and bagus Barley drinks!!!
actually the kopi tiam itself does sell Hainamese Foods... the tradition 1...
cheap and yummilicious..
ko ko must order the Bak Steak, which is the hainamese Chicken Chop, 2 big-bowl-koay-teow-th'ng, bread & BArley whenever he visits here...
the chicken chop is very special from all we can find at any Western Food Place...
the chicken is wrapped with omellette, pour on some gravy with sauteed Veggie as side salad...
*thumbs-up...

CK Lam has visited here for their Hainamese Cuisine couple of months ago~ click here for further info...





















the toast were toasted with charcoal...
white bread folded in between a net... slowly toast on charcoal fire....
it's really traditional.. as the charcoal stove is built in the kitchen brick cupboard...
Mostly people order the Roti Kiap which is Kaya & Butter... whereas I always go for my fav ROti Pu Kaya... *must emphasized the 'PU' when placing orders~















nowadays... seldom see hokkien mee served with prawn, pork slices and egg at the same time without special request d... ^^














3 comments:

noc said...

yah yah...the chicken chop!!!yummy~!!!LOL

-yan-

Unknown said...

hey... u still going there that often...??
^^

Anonymous said...

erm not really..but sometimes ask mum to tapoa home~!!hahaha

-yan-

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...