Saturday, February 16, 2008

大年初一

Gong Hei Fatt Choy
the 1st day of this newly Rat Year... 大年初一
a happee happee day... I love Chinese New year very much.. since small.. I wonder why.. I m gonna be really excited when Chinese New Year is around the corner.. he he..
this day.. we gonna wake up early.. once we get ourself done and looked good.. we will greet our parents, say some good wishes to em, and then it will be mummy's turn to give us AngPow..
our family tradition, daddy gives 压岁钱 on CNY eve.. this is diff with ang pow, it doesnt put in redpacket..and given on the eve, and mummy will give ang pow on the 1st day morning.. as canto ppl gives 2 angpow..

as usual, our 1st destination will be 5 cik's house... as everyone.. i meant everyone.. including daddy's fellow cousins.. will all gather at there to greet my granny... it is always so happening there.. bt this year... we have gt there late.. most of the uncles aunties left early.. luckily, we still managed to meet em at the lift.. managed to gt angpows.. he he.. bt half of the crowd has left.. the atmosphere no longer dt happening as it used to be.. and the worst thing dt i cudnt gt over was.. again.. I din get to take family pic this year.. all the while.. we will take pic at 5 cik house family by family.. only last year.. the only year dt I was not around.. sumone has suggested to take a while family photo... I feel bad dt I am not inside the pic.. yet, I missed the 2nd chance again.. aiks..
my 5th aunt will usually prepare some dessert for the guest, the dessert for this year was my Fav sweet dumplings.. i was so happee when seeing it..n i ate on the behalf of my mummy n je je too.. as they nt rily into it.. in a word, I eaten 3 bowls.. he he


after paying New year's call to few relatives.. we went home.. for the past few years.. we will go to famous ayer itam Laksa with uncles n etc after visiting relatives around that area.. since this year.. plan has been changed.. thus, we din get to makan there d..
car snapping

normally, we will start our mahjong session once we gt home.. bt this year.. everyone seemed to be rily worn out.. we din follow the normal routine bt taking nap.. ha ha
dtz why i kept saying the atmosphere this year was totally out of chinese new year mood...
i promised to meet cousins for movie at nite.. and followed by clubbing wif frens after dt..


No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...