Friday, June 26, 2009

banned Foong Yuen a.k.a. Teen Wui's farewell

today will be the L-A-S-T D-A-Y mr teen wui a.k.a. huan cum lao-pek for kimmie working in Dell...
we had a farewell lunch with him...
Was planned to go Batu Maung for seafood ( the shop moved from perikanan ) our fav spot...
but we ended up went to Foong Yean nearby Jalan Tengah...

since my 1st visit to there...
They auntiez-uncles there created a very bad impression to me...
they're rude... they rushed customer to simply place order...
they're never willing to let you read their menu, insisted to intro you their Home Signatures and expect you to order them...
IF you don't want.. they will keep persuading you to order too...
remember during my 1st visit.. there were only 1 of my female colleague and I...
they expected both of us to order their famous Claypot Indo Prawn and Seafood, Mushroom and blah Claypot...
firstly, I don't eat seafood...
secondly, do they expect both of us able to finish all the claypots thingies?

we told the uncle we not going to order this... and asked for menu...
after 4 requests, only willing to show us the menu with unwillingness... (* hey guys.. anything wrong to read thru the menu before placing orders ?? weirdo )
and they won't give you time to read and decide... again asked... 'what to order? '
when he noticed we got no idea.. again he pushed us to order the Claypots AGAIN !
we were like having a war but in facts it's only a simple ordering process...

no doubt, their foods taste nice and it served promptly....
few minutes after you placed orders, the foods would be served...

I happened to go there 2 more times after the 1st experience... and the Indo Prawn is really tasti... (the curry is nice)
but every once I dine-in there, I definitely must suffer the bad services from the fellow waiters and waitress...

this round... I've got to the max... and all of us WILL NOT go there ANYMORE...
Let see what we ate today...
Chef recommended Tofu with crabmeat chowder gravy and baby Pak Choy at side..
the tofu is soft and smooth...
the Yam Nest with Seafood and Veggie inside...
I would not recommend this.. I've tried this dish in few places before... this I would rate as the least nice 1..
the Yam nest can taste the flour... not much Yam and the outer layer is not crispy enough...
the ingredient inside...
the corn and capsicum are hard like not fully-cooked... the gravy not nice, not really into flavour...
and this bloody dish costs us rm 45.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!
wtf??
三杯鸡
to be honest, I don't think I've ever tried this dish at any place before..
according to my fellow colleague... this is not really taste like how it supposed to be...
it supposed to served in some soup/ gravy based...
should ve able to taste the 'alcohol'...
as you can see there're heaps of Basil Leaves on top of the chic... all we can taste is the strong flavour of the Basil Leaves...
the chicken is tender and soft.. but the gravy is no no...

the nicest still go to this House Signature Claypot Indo Prawn...

the curry is nice.. I rated this nicer than the one from Double Good.. but some prefer Double Good still... (anyway, I only take the curry but not the prawn... :P )
this big claypot of prawn costs RM 40 which we think it's rather acceptable....

Stir-Fry Eggplant and Prawn...

this is nice and recommended...
I bet stewpig would like this to bits... skin off eggplant with prawn...
Honey Spare Ribs...

一品煲 we were told their House Signature is the Seafood Claypot which has sea cucumber and stuff...
but this is only the various Mushroom, mostly Chinese Mushroom, chinese white cabbage, not much of dried oyster and tiny of Fatt Choy....
the gravy is nice and the mushroom is very soft...
but again it costs us another RM 40.00 !!!
the pissed off story began when I ordered take-away for stewpig...
I asked how would he charged for a Small Indo-Prawn...
the waiter told me Rm 12.00 per portion...
when I asked him how many prawn will they be... he told me he is not sure.. but supposed the portion should be nice for 2-3 pax...
so people will expect at least 6 ?
when it's ready.. I could see the curry not even filled up half of the Rectangle Container...
I opened and see... there're only 4 prawns which sizes are smaller than we just ate minutes ago...
I checked with another lady... for how much is this one... she told me Rm 12...
* I was still polite !
when I asked her...
" i thought the guy told me this rm12 portion is for 2-3 pax.. but how come only 4 ? "
I can't even imagine how little would the curry looks like when pour it out to a claypot... it's like only few scoops.... 1 cm height from the rectangle container...
unexpectedly, the auntie answered me
auntie: " just not you told him it's only for 1 pax... thus, we didn't prepare much...
now what? not enought is it? order another small and combine la... "
I said: " no no... what I meant is how come the RM 12 for 2-3 pax only 4 prawns and with so little of gravy? is it really costs RM 12? "
Auntie: " yes.. cause you said for 1 person ma... now what? as I said... if not enough... you think this is too little... order another small portion and combine la... "
wtf? this time I really pissed d... and yet she kept repeating... even I kept saying.. " nvm.. it's ok... thank you auntie..."
I supposed after I repeared more than 4 times... she only kam buan to walk away...
and the small rice costs me rm 1.20 !!!
bloody hell.. they're too much...
( I supposed take the pics of the take-away foods... by the time I remember.. stewpig already finished 80% of them... -_- " )
when they brought over our bill... the total amount is rm 243.90 Not including the take-away...
they dark hot tea and warm water... all the while I thought it's complimentary... as they served once customer sat down.. without asking... but it's charged !!this is the price list for the food itself.. not including the nuts, rice and TEA....
with this amount of $ we can eat-till-vomit at Batu Maung Seafood (Perikanan)...
we can have 2 full table of peoples... eating at least 8 dishes per table.. with fish, prawn, sotong, mantis prawn and etc etc...
therefore,

the left is the rice of Kimmie... and the right is the double size portion for mr Teen Wui Huan Lao Pek...
we will miss you **

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...