Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Palate Palette Restaurant & Bar

Palate Palette... a place that I wanted to go for so long... since the day Eve told me bout this and showed me some photos she taken from this place... I known myself have fallen in luv with this lil place...
the deco, the concept, the style no doubt are all so-Me... it makes me think of Aussie... those caffe that I've missed so muchie!!
Finally.. I got to visit here !! this is the most-wanted-visit place in this trip..
I forgot to ask Eve for the location... unfortunately, she was in Hadyai during this weekend... I got no idea who could possible point us the directions.. I used my iphOne to google it and got the map... but when we got to this area.. we rounded n rounded for more than 30 minz... cudnt find it !! everyone was starving and getting frustrated... imagine, the traffic in kl town on Sat nite.. *killing...
wutever it is, there was no disappointment, no regret when we stepped in the gate..
biz was gud, fulled house on this Sat nite... ^^

theBar~ they provided magic-inks (haha... long tym neva heard of this noun d.. :P ) / markers & papers for customers to draw while waiting~ *we like it... hmmmm.... ^^

the 1st browse on the Beverage Menu... I reckon this is meant for me !! Honey Lem0n with Zinger~ *winkz~
whereas Wah had the Granny's Lemonade... (from the top left) the name of this drink is so homey... ^^
Fresh Iced Mint Tea... freshly chopped mint... great choice for refreshment~
Caffe Latte with homemade almond Biscottistarter from the house.. Homebake wholemeal sesame bun with butter ball.. I lub it !!
notice the butter ball...? what a Great idea!! the serving is so special and cute to attract everyone's attention...
Mushroom Cappuccino~ Its a mushroom soup topped up with Cuppa Froth...
something special to try on.. but tasted so so.. not for my liking... the mushroom soup is very thick.. but like lacking of something... I guess it was the cream... to make it tasted less delicious.. more sour cream would definitely boost out the taste !
I doubt the froth wasn't smooth enuf.. too much foam to hold it from perfection..
Spicy Chicken Fococcia... they offered choices of sandwich or Rosemary fococcia... and Mung chosen this...
The homemade Coleslaw is so yummie.. with the raisin mixed around...

Moo Stew... beef stew with mushroom & white onion served with fettucinne... the beef is so tender and well-flavoured... ^^
the name of this dish attracts ppl the most... Vegetarian Lasagna...
something common.. it has the grilled egg-plant, zuchini, capsicum & carrots... I felt this is OK... as I lub grilled vege... but for the taste... everyone complaint it was a bit too sour.. I guess this was caused by the tomato paste..
Supposedly, the making for lasagna, is layer by layer with minced beef paste, cream sauce ( which made by the flour, whipped/sour cream/ milk & cheese ) and followed-by the lasagna sheets... I doubt this Vegetarian lasagna doesn't contain the cream sauce.. perhaps no dairy products for Vege meals huh...?
Zinger Creme Brulee w Almond Biscotti...
the custard is very nice with lil zinger flavour... (not strong at all...) but the caramelized sugar was too sweet for me... thus, we cleared up all the custard filling and left the layer of sugar untouched... :P
Mung likes the almond biscotti so much... they're so fresh... crunchy and crispy.. not like those too hard to even have a bite...
at first, Mung asked the waitress if we could order extra of this, and the lady told us that they not selling only this...
later on, Kurt asked another waiter if we could have more... the nice waiter gave us 4 pieces with free-of-charge !! ^^
matches-in-da-hOuse... ( I'm also a matches & lighter collector.. altho I hate smoking... )
all the chairs/ tools in this restaurant are different, none of them is repeated... lucky us had this angel-chair... I love wingz~
Magazines & Games corner... I found this horoscope book over the corner... I didn't even finish the 1st page, and had been stopped and get set for the Monopoly~
Monopoly session
only the first round, and I hafta pay this stewpig VIP Tax !!!
this was the 1st time I saw a player been trapped in the jail more than 4 times in a game... (in an hr) and got the 'Chance' card to play each player $500 in cash for twice !! ha ha ha
this fellow so proud... but in facts, he always kena jail n etc since the beginning of the game... when he finally happened to be riched.. there's no more property nor land for him to buy... he had only 2 properties on his hand throughout the whole game.. none of us willing to sell him ours... muahahha..
he then buillt hotels at his cheapest properties... the 1st one after the starting point... >.<
yeah.. this miang guy is having his hiao-tot... :P
I like the LIPS!!! mwah~
even the sockets are so colourful... :)
there're so many Locks on the toilet door... Mung even tried to put on all the locks while she went to pee...
ya.. she was just too-free...
the lil-corner for namecards and brochures...
the last pic before leaving... we were the last table of customer... can see them all starting to stack the tables and chairs, cleared the bar... and also the cursing-eyes... ha ha.. no la.. they all very frenly indeed... :P
wut to do.. we were too into the Monopoly d...


No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...