Monday, July 28, 2008

Saturday - SingJutei Japanese Restaurant

once a week... beautiful weekend morning... how could we don't spend it meaningfully..? he he
stewpig suggested to wake up early morning.. as he wanna bring me to have the roti bakar at a kopi tiam beside ChungLing HS.. which I wanted to try for so long... I was thrilled while he told me the plan the nite before... immediately knocked off my tot to give myself a long-long-sleep on this non-working-day.. he he..
I was so looking forward !!!!
BUT..
it CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!
my face expression from :D --> :( so so so disappointed... we won't have chance to try it on stupid working weekdays tho... aiks....
we instantly got no idea at all what to eat... but woke up so early din end up have any breaky.. seemed so not right... we drove to Pa Cheng Por market.. as frens kept telling me that there got many things to 'Zhap'... we went down, walked back and forth.. and went up to the car again.. no doubt there got lotsa things to eat.. we just out of the mood to have anything...

we drove to many places.. till 11 ish.. I given up for the idea of breaky.. as it already lunch time..
when we passed by Heng Ee HS.. we saw this !!! Roti Bak Kua stall !!
without any hesitation.. we parked our car at the road side.. we known what to have for light breaky d !! *winkz...
we as well bought the pearl milk tea from the another stall..
this uncle looks rily familiar.. I'm sure I did buy something from him before.. could be something other than this... I just couldnt recall...
he was so nice.. I ordered a piece of luncheon meat.. but he given me 1 and a half pieces for free... ^^

2ish.. we meet my parents, je and linna for lunch.. at SingJutei !!!! it used to be my fav Japz Rest~ located at Pulau Tikus, opposite Public Bank and next to the Vegetarian Restaurant..
Beef Shogayaki - teppanyaki beef in ginger sauce
Unagi Don Set
Katsu Don Set - deep fried pork chop w onion & egg... je's fav...
Beef Sukiyaki Set - some people like to dip the beef slice into the raw egg and eat.. some gonna pour the egg into the pot to let the hit to cook it... we tried both ways.. it ain't bad.. just bit too sweet.. stewpig kept complaining bout it.. what to do.. Sukiyaki meant to be sweet... that's why I would always prefer Shabu-Shabu~
if you don't like pork.. this is another good choice for you... Chicken pieces w onion and egg.. sort of the same with Katsu Don..
My fav Salmon Skin Inari from Sinjutei!!! omg.. please don't mind the blur pic I've taken for this.. as I was just so dying to have it..hardly hold on for another sec... I missed it so much~ the last time I dine-in at Sinjutei might be 3 yrs ago..? I supposed... Before I tried this sushi at here.. I never will choose Inari Sushi when I having japanese food at anywhere by no chance.. as I'm not into sweet stuff.. but not this.. it simply influenced me to let Inari be entering into one of my fav japanese food list.. the Salmon skin here is not only the 'fried-skin' like many places serving... but you could also taste the salmon.. the fish!! anyone.. please do try it if you happen to dine-in here... not to forget the Spider Temaki Roll~ which is the soft-shell-crab.. another recommended!! Je didn't order it that day.. thus, I couldn't show any pic of it~
Tempura Set
Unagi Sushi - I spent so long time to figure out what should I order.. there are so many variesties offered in the menu... I knew Stewpig wouldn't able to finish his teriyaki.. thus, I hafta order something light... so that I could share his meal with him.. being dilemma to choose btw another Inari Salmon Skin or Unagi.. I ended up had my all-tym-no1-fav in jap menu... the Unagi here is always so yum yum... even the Sushi.. the unagi served with hot sauce.. unlike those in Sushi King.. I won't bother to order it in Sushi King since I tried this.. far to compare both of em..


No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...