Thursday, December 11, 2008

Annalakshmi Indian Food - Charity Society

daddy always told me about a place... served Indian Vegetarian food..
free-of-charge... and available on everyday... this is not a temple..
perhaps a house? or a club..? I'm not sure...
daddy likes to go there, due to their foods are really nice, heaps of variesties yet diff dishes for everyday...
though this is all-free, you're welcomed to pay as much as you can... wholely for charity~
Daddy always misled me.. saying this is only available at day time.. as he only goes there for lunch...
while Mung came back last week.. she suggested to have Indian food for dinner...
after she described the location, I doubted it was the same place that daddy told me...
she went there at evening time before, thus we gave it a go...
when we got there already 9, I supposed... fortunately, it is still opened...
during dinner time, there's no more buffet-style-econ-rice like those daddy had anymore... but they gave us the menu, plenty of variesties avaialble... they have 'Today Special' for every single day...
they offer Chapati, Puri, Pasembur, Nasi Kandar, Fried Noodles and etc etc... many indian foods that written in Indian pronounciation which I dun understand...
I think on Wednesday, they would have the Pizza sumore.... and Saturday will be having buffet~
and remember... they're Purely VEGETARIAN....






















Vegetarian Pulav - Marinated Fried Rice and Crackers, served with yogurt and curry... the rice is well-flavoured... there're a lot of side dishes available that you can order to go with the rice...


Potato Puri... yum yum yum !!


Roti Jala... oh my.. this is so nice.. I reckon... because this is slightly crispy at the side.. unlike the other Roti Jala that I had before.. all in small triangle and thick and soft which is really far from my liking... I was freaked out when seeing this giant Triangle of Roti Jala... *thumbs up !!

Pasembur - the Turnip is fresh, sweet and juicy.. even Mung who doesn't like turnip at all... had had many of them too... the BeanCurd are nice.. I guess this is homemade... the cucuk not bad too...
Lime Zinger Tea... again... a drink meant for me...

it was really sour that Mung & Stewpig cudn't take it at all... I'm very OK with the sour... but I guess it was a bit too sweet.. I think it would be real nice if they put lesser sugar and make it hotter....


Mango Lassi - Indian Yogurt Drinks...









































No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...