Tuesday, December 30, 2008

JETTY Hokkien Mee

It is one of my fav hokkien mee stall during my childhood...
I used to call it as 'jetty hokkien mee', due to this hokkien stall was located at Weld Quay last time...
I can't actually recalled the place, I was still very young before it moved to here, still Weld Quay, but now located at a kopitiam under a flat nearby 5th Road...
I remember it was really situated at 'hai ki', got water water and boat boat around the little kopi tiam last time...

the specialty of uncle's hokkien mee was his soup based is more to pork ribs instead of shrimp...
it tasted totally different from all the others hokkien mee which soup based are wholly or more to shrimp..
his soup is clearer compared to others, and well-flavoured with the nice aroma of pork ribs...

the Milo Iced 'Gao' is really so riched...


























I like eating hokkien mee with the wood chopstick plus steel spoon in Chicken bowl...
the traditional one...
not many places using this anymore...
an appropriate set of dining ware & cutleries gonna make the dishes taste even nicer... it would certainly bring up the aroma...









the uncle was still that nice and recognised me eventhough I haven't go there for couple of years...
but he always mixed up me with my cousie...
as we look kinda similiar... and our Dads look like twins bro... he he....

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...