Friday, August 27, 2010

Getaway Trip to Cameron Highlands

beginning of July....
I had a 2 days 1 nite getaway trip with Jen and her peers to Cameron Highlands...
it was my first time ever since I was borned... :P
to be franked, my whole family except ko ko never been to Cameron before...
very nice of Jen...
invited me to join this trip..
at first, I felt bit pai sei and uneasy, as I never meet or even known any of her managers and director who is going in this trip...
I afraid I would some how blow up da trip as an outsider...
In fact, they all are just so frenly and taken good care of me through out the whole trip...
never let me feel as an outsider...
but part of the gang !!!
thanks mates !!! *muaRksSsssss
we kicked start the trip with having breaky in Ipoh..
which I will talk more in next post....
Mel drove his big big Hyundai...
because of my last-minute-attendance... :P
***
we watched Love Guru during the journey...
it must be damn farney...
shameful to say that, I fell into deep sleep after half an hr the movie started... *blushes*



Jen woke me up....
when we reached the destination for our first Lunch !!!
Water Crest Valley !!!

sceneries full of water crest.... 西洋菜
it's so fresh...
and we're going to throw all this into the steamboat ! yummeh~


everything is self-service here...
so organized that...
they put all the labels on each area of the cupboard...
we will have to take our cutleries ourselves...

Strawberry Juice !!
yum yum yum~~~~
having steamboat on such a cooling weather is a heaven thing...
no mention on the carcoal steamboat...
which added more stars on it !! *winks~
the soup based is cooked with Water Crest and Herbals
I never tried such a TASTY water crest soup before !!!
I can't describe further on it...
it just somehow really fantastic in taste !! yet healthy !!!

beside the special recipe of water crest soup based...
they do offer varieties of water crest drinks too...

here is the Drinks menu
*********
after lunch...
we checked in our apartment at dunno-where...
around 5 ish...
we off to the pasar malam for some foods-shopping~
we come across this Honey stall owned by this nice uncle...
Fresh Honey Comb
this little thing costs us rm 2...
no doubt.. it's nice...
the outer white layer is the wax...
which could be eaten....
but not nice and not recommended at all...
the yellowish in between is the honey... which is yummeh~ ^^
we ended up spent few hundreds ringgits at this stall...
buying more than 10 bottles of Honey with Honey Comb~
very sad that...
the locals/ tourists just treated this drain as a huge rubbish bin !! T.T
shopping time overed...
spotting for foods...
Ayam Kunyit with rice...

it smells so great....
but we din end up try it.. as gotten too much foods d.... :P
Ayam Penyet



Super Yummie Murtabak
seeing the filling of the murtabak...
can imagine how delicious is it.... with the super 'thin-skin'
Jen and I keep thinking of it till today...
almost 2 mths since the trip...
we craved for it badly...
been to mamak for several times, but none of the murtabak here is as nice as the one we had in Cameron.... far to compare !!
home to prepare for our D-I-N-N-E-R

us, the temporary-maids busy unpacking the foods....
Ayam Penyet
Sausages, Sweet Potato Balls, Yam Balls
MURTABAK !! I miss you~~
Not-So-Soft-Shell-Crabs

besides all these, we too have deep fried battle mushrooms, KFC, Burgers, Tom Yam Bee Hoon, Ban Chang Kuih and etc etc


after this...
they become....

time to oi oi ~~ gud nite~


***********
Day 2...

Jen so bad...
refused to bring me to Starbucks.... :'(
I can only take pic while the car passed by....

we decided to have English Scone as breaky at BOH Tea Garden...






we had simple breakfast...
simply grabbed whatever we saw... :P
nasi lemak, sandwiches, english scones, brownies and pie....
plus, varieties of BOH Tea
I personally like the Egg Sandwich..
as it has heaps of fresh veggie !!
Chocolate Brownie...
erm.. I reckon it's kinda dry....

English Scone...


must serve with Strawberry Jam and Butter...
very n-o-r-m-a-l and bit dry too...
our simple, easy breakfast costs us rm 100 wtf ?!?!?!

they like my miSsie-Diana... ^^
Group pics of beautiful peoples~ :)


My new mates that sharing same interest with me~~ ^^



after BOH....
we dropped by Strawberry farm for strawberries picking~
in fact, we spent more times on photo-taking than strawberry picking.... :P

Strawberry Ice Tubes~


before leaving Cameron...
we dropped by the Pasar Tani for some veggie shopping....
ended up buying HEAPS of Pearl Jagung...
which can be eaten RAW !!
yes ! u hear me right !
it's incredible sweet and juicy... be it in raw or steamed or grilled~
tho the trip was only less than 48 hrs..
I had really good times with mah new bunch of cool buddies...
thanks to Jen that brought me in to the gang...
they're so down-to-earth, kind, friendly, sweet and etc etc.....
hehe....
thanks~~~~~ :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the beautiful pictures, the memorable n happy moments that u have captured during our trip! Glad that u were part of it *winks*

Jen

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...