Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Catz tRip - day 1

12th Sept, 2008... Fri...
the day for the Kuching Trip with je je.. we bought the tic months ago while MAS was offering the Zero fare... paying less than buying an AirAsia flight tic but enjoying a better service with free meals... ha ha..
2 days before departure date.. Je Je decided to forfeit her tics due to the illness that tortured her for more than a week... she afraid she gonna collapsed if insisted for the trip sumore.. I know she felt bad if I don't get to go because of her... hence, she tried to figure many ways to make me on for this trip.. she kept searching for any flight that could match with mine and asked Kurt to go with me... since the zero fare tics won't allow to transfer...
she put so much efforts to arrange the trip for me... to make sure everything gonna go on alrite... kept calling her frens to take gud care of us during the trip.. which made me feel so touched and grateful... I feel being spoiled! Thanks je...
Besides, thanks stewpig to take leave when you were so busy and went on this trip with me.. eventho this was so unplanned and sudden...
both of us taking diff flights...
my 1st flight to KL was supposed to be scheduled at 1115... and I've been told that the flight was canceled and I will be put to an earlier flight which gonna depart at 1100 only while I was checked in... I wonder how on earth would they not inform the passengers ahead...? what if I am late to the airport..? Am I going to miss my flight then..? *terrible...


many ppl were gathered at the gate but there was no sight of any flight... I went to the counter and again been told that the flight has been Delayed Again... to 1205... We were given voucher for free breaky at the cafe... only those passengers that required for it.. luckily I was walking to the counter and a nice auntie asked me to wait there for the voucher.. orelse I gonna be the unlucky 1 too... (tho the foods ain't nice at all...but *Asian attitude --> better than None~ )


another auntie told me that... her flight has been delayed since 0900... and many passengers who were taking the 0900 flight, given up and left d... see how terrible are they..?
bye bye to Penang for a weekend... *sniff~
my lunch on the flight to Kuching... they served fruit juices and nuts once the flight left the land... after a while.. the meal was served too... no doubt the foods are not nice... I won't say it lousy... but just far to sastify me.... hmmm... there were choices of Nasi Kerabu and Pasta with Cream sauce... As wut the pic shown, I had the pasta.. I didn't even finish a quarter of it... the taste was OK.. but the pasta kinda dry and hard.. as we known.. microwave stuff... the bun was cold and hard !! luckily, I had brought along some mooncake.. he he.. just in case I hungry in the airport.. if follow the earlier schedule, I would have to spend couple of hrs in KLIA during transit...
when there is no Starbucks...
I arrived Kuching at 3ish.. while stewpig would be taking 1745 direct flight from Pg to Kuching... few hrs more to meet him...
I went down for a walk by myself... found this place having a Mooncake Festival Celebration for these few days... we were the lucky one... many food stalls were setting up along the street...
Traditional Candy Floss Making~

This is something special from Kuching... they called it KanTong~ the guy made the ice in a traditional way by pushing the big ice cube back and forth on the metal/ steel thingy...

Colourful sugar syrup and Gula Atap~
deep fried Shrimp
I used to call em 'Ping Pong'... he he
This stall selling varieties of special bread/ fried thingy...
Thai Roasted Bird and lil chic...
Traditional Ice-Cube-Stick
we decided to buy some lanterns and play on Sun.. since we won't get to celebrate Mooncake Festival back in Pg d..
this temple is so Amazing~
We had dinner at Top Spot Food Court... itz a huge foodcourt at the rooftop of a carpark... there are about 8 Seafood stalls in the foodcourt... I've been told there has a very super duper delicious Salted Egg Crab... Je & frens keep emphasizing since the day they backed from their Kuching trip 3 yrs ago... all of us were so looking forward (not me of cuz) to try it.. but I think we must have ordered from the wrong stall... the foods were not nice... *disappointment...
I got no idea what kinda red fish are they... can see it at every seafood stall...
o... I love this vegie... can only find it in Sarawak.. Piring (if i'm not mistaken)...
their fResh coconut costs us RM2.50 only... consider kinda cheap isn't it... the shape is bit diff from those we
Their signature Fried Noodle...
Stir-fry Piring with Sambal *** Bamboo Shell
Fried Bee Hoon with lil Dried Shrimp
Steam Sek Pan...
Salted Egg Crab... we doubted they've put half tin of milk powder to cook the dish... can't taste the salted egg nor the fresh taste of the crab at all...
Kam Hiong Crab
How can we spend the night by going to bed so early during this short trip, rite? We went out for a drink at some nearby pubs... and we found out that the 7-Eleven in Kuching is Not selling liquor... gOsh... how can it be..?
when Milo Ice Cream bumped into Guiness Draught~
the live Malay band... they're talented.. I believe they could be better if well-trained...
a pic to end the 1st nite~

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...