Friday, August 29, 2008

Hadyai Family & Frens Trip - day 1

I used to tell around that Hadyai is my "hOmetown".. hehe.. I like Hadyai verie muchie... we alwiz had weekend trips to Hadyai while I was young... at least 5 or 6 times in a year... I must pay a visit to Hadyai every 2 mths.. soon and later... since the econ crisis in 1997... the sequence of travelling has been cut down to at least 2 or 3 times a year...
some ppl might wonder that what is so fun there making me to like it so much...? the answer is No.. it is just a small, tiny undeveloped town.. when I was young, I loved going there to buy those 'lap zap' stuff, dat I used to say... like the stationeries and unneccessary thingy... when I grown older.. I do find it wasting $.. perhaps , I've getting bored with those thingy.. tho they do always try to upgrade their products, like new brands every season, but they're more or less the same stuff still..

I started to crave for their foods...!! gOsh.. nowadays, Foods, bras & lingeries, massage are the intentions that I go there for...
The last time I went there was the trip before I headed for Aussie.. which was 2 yrs+ ago.. oh my.. I neva left there for so long before! can imagine how much I missed there?
I was so exccited throughout the whole trip.. too bad, katiakz cudnt join us.. orelse this trip gonna turn up to be so wonderful, with family, kurtie & mah soul mates... Jes started working in S'pore, Stef was on her Aussie trip, Mung is in KL...

we planned to depart at 7am... after the breaky at Bt Lanchang market and stopped-by at Changlun... and the terrible-long-queue at the Border... the time we checked in was 1pm d..
no doubt, my 1st destination, 1st meal to have after arriving must go to the Pork Leg Rice at Odean Shopping Mall...
it is always so delicious afterall.... porkleg, boiled egg, bean curd and kai lan on Jasmine Thai Rice with heaps of gravy... imagine~ the beautiful aroma~ hmmmm..... ^^

the Mee Stall next to the pork leg rice is yum yum too.. I always can't make up my mind to have which one.. so.. normally I would order both.. cuz I know they could be finished all for sure.. he he.. I won't order the TomYam.. as I like to add the flavour by myself... clear soup + Thai Chilli Powder + sour chilli sauce + splash of peanut = Amazing !!! kimmie recipe is nicer than Tomyam !! they used to have a fried Yam Ball which was really nice... they told me they have not prepared it for a while d.. due to the high cost of it.. so sad...

after lunch, the next destination must be bra-session !! We dropped Odean.. since their choices are getting lesser and lesser... and headed to Central !! while the guyz-guyz sekalian went for a full-body-massage without waiting us gals.. ish.. mou yi hei !!

We always try new things !!! This is a new stuff they recently I supposed..
they are the bun like our Roti Bak Kua, 3 choices of filling, Butter Sugar, Meat Floss or Pandan KAya... I bought the Kaya, as the aroma is smelling so well !!! she put ALOT of kaya in it !!! yum yum~ the bun is warm and soft~





The sushi and sashimi look nice, aren't they..? We didn't try it.. photos taken from the Japz Rest in our hotel, Sukhunta Hotel... (name in Thai)


Ryan brought us to a new place for dinner, we drove bout half an hr to Songkla for it.. the restaurant is located at the sea side.. we sat at the long table on the extention they built out to the sea... it is romantic... without the mosquitoes~ the sky is getting dark while we arrived there.. ko ko didn't allow me to go further for photo taking.. the sceneries are awesome..

TOm Yam Kung
Mango Kelabu
Stir-fry Kai Lan w Salted Fish
Thai Style Stir-Fry Crab Meat
Fried Fish in Thai Sweet & Spicy Sauce.. the meat of the fish is so thick and juicy... tho it has been fried...
Steamed Fish in Thai Style.. bit spicy, bit sour... with a lot of garlic and coriander..
this is special... Fried Chix w water chestnut and Cashew Nuts... tastes slightly sweet.. nice... I like the idea of using the water chestnut, so crunchy and sweet!!
Grilled Squid... without any marination.. simply grilled it with a splash of salt... can taste the freshness and juicy of the squid..
Prawn & Onion Omelette... must-order-list..
show time for Aaron Lim... he has succeed to entertain the whole table of us... ha ha.. he always the entertainment king..
this was our table !! 30 of us.. including adults and kids...
I don't really satisfy with the foods that night.. I reckon the one Ryan brought us to the last time was far nicer... "Log Terrace".. foods here just normal... nothing rily special.. but we keen to TRY !!
after dinner... Ryan's frens brought us to the biggest night market in Hadyai.. and I saw this !! my lOve !!! he looks Fabulous !!! guess wut..? the no plate of it is " 777 ".. it is meant to be mine !!
It is so random to see it in pure white... those I met before were normally in beidge or pearl white.. muaRksSss~


the colourful Siu Mai~


eventhough all of us have eaten SO much during dinner... I supposed our tummies have no empty space for other food no more... but....... how would we give away these precious moment to eat More & mOre leh..?
we off to hotel for a 20 mins short break.. and went down again for Bird Nest ! 11 ish in the night.. wut is better to do than having a zhi yon bird nest before heading to bed?
after the zhi yon session.. the guyz cont' to chuck those sampah but delicious foods to their tummies again...
Oyster Fried... thai style Oyster omellete is in deep fried... not the same w those in Penang...
Cuttlefish~
Big-Head Prawn

Mango Pulut !!

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...