Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jes buRfday blaSt... - Bella Italia -

Burfday-dinner-in-advanced with Jes...
We met up 2 days before Jes's burfday.. due to Mung hafta rush back to KL on the next day for her test... She couldn't stay for another day to join us for the dinner at Bella..
We brought her to our favJapz Rest... the one beside Jemput Tree.. I alwiz can't remember it's name.. eventhough I've had several visits to it... don't mind me~
No doubt.. Mung likes the ambience in there too~! 3 of us happened to eaten at home.. for the sake of unexpected-cooked-dinner from mum/ aunty.. thus, we tried the side orders and Ice-cream this round...


17 July, 2008... Thursday~ JES'z 23rd buRfday!!
Seafood Risotto.. it served with big prawn.. squid, Mussel and fish.. in tomato paste.. it gained no satisfaction from me... I supposed the chef didn't use the Aborio Rice to prepare this risotto but used the normal local grain instead... I claimed this isn't a qualified risotto-to-be... Aborio Rice supposed to be short and round.. kinda similar with the japanese rice.. but look at this.. I guess they just used the long grain rice like what local used to serve as rice.. I felt so dissapointed while seeing this...ashamed that I was so thrilled and looking forward to have it since the moment I browsed the menu from the web the day before we headed for dinner... I believe the risotto I cooked in Aussie is nicer than this...!!! Khuang might agree with me too !
(p/s: it tastes isn't bad.. just it can barely be categories as a nice risotto recipe.. Seafood Rice in tomato paste it could be...)
Xandra: Fettucine w Salmone...Boon: Spagetthi Marinara in tomato paste... I supposed it is about the same recipe with my risotto..
Khuang: Lamb...
Bella Italia Signature Tiramisu.... It was the 2nd time I had Tiramisu in my life.. the 1st time was the Tiramisu I MADE for my ai cheng, Mung during her burfday... thus, I can't rily give much commend on this... Anyhow, I believe it was good... since I've heard from many ppl saying that the most yummy Tiramisu found in Penang is in Bella Italia...
One thing that can't deny was... it was very very smooth...!!!
this stewpig thought his bubbly face is not plum enuf... he he..
take note of the words written on top of the cake... I got no idea why Steffie they all given Jes such a name tho..
Happee Burfday, my pal.. I'm glad that I could spend this day with ya...
We off to Coffee Bean for 2nd round, as thought B em will be coming over to join us..
Belgium Chocolate... Coffee Bean has neva been my favor ever... perhaps itz breaky does attract me but not da beverages... No Way!! since itz coffee neva reached my satisfaction.. I ordered this choc drink... it tasted far diff from any choc drink I had in Aussie... another disppointment...

I heard her name for few years.. finally I gotta meet her in person, Zi Wen, pretty-ex-house-mate of Jes & Jen...
he is his high-skool-mate while she is my primary-skool-mate.. hehe... ^^
3 more months to go... can't wait to meet this lil baby-boi...^^

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...