Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ipoh makan-makan

as mentioned before in my post bout my Cameron Trip...
we were actually had breaky in Ipoh during the way up to Cameron Highlands..
as well as the lunch on the 2nd day before getting back to Penang..
been to Foo San for 4 times,
I rily dun think the foods there are any special...
not fancy too...
this round, May being the tour guide,
brought us around to spot nice Ipoh foods...
we had dim sum at this restaurant called Chang Keong Dim Sum...
I personally reckon the foods are tastier than foosan... :P


I specially like the Century and Salted Egg, minced Pork Porridge
as it's totally diff from any other places which I had ever tried...
they cooked it with EGG !!!
I supposed they 'stirred' in the egg only when the porridge cooked...
generous filling, great in taste !
we miss it !



Fried Carrot Cake with Egg, bean sprout and shallots
(similar as Char Koay Kak)
Delicious !

**********
lunch at Ipoh on the 2nd day during the way back to Penang...
Ipoh Famous White Coffee

not-so-nice-Muah Chee
Cutterfish with Kang Kung..
something different is they served it with Satay Peanut Sauce too..
too sweet for my liking...





Satay , Pork and Cheong...



I think I rily like Ipoh Poh Piah...
something diff from the Penang Poh Piah...
they are always 'fatter', more ingredients...
slightly diff in taste...



Ipoh Sliced Chicken Hor Fun
dried version


Soup Version


Dried Bee Hoon


Bean Sprout



not-so-nice-Ipoh-Laksa


Special Chee Cheong Fun





No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...