Thursday, March 14, 2013

Revisited: Cozy in the Rocket


I re-visited Cozy in the Rocket the week right after previous post and another week after...
which means, I went on 3 Saturdays in a row...
from this, you can see how much I love their foods...
BUT
not the services of course... 


Lychee Mint...
for those mint lover, this is a must go go...
the mint flavor is very strong... 
it's like a non-alcohol mojito... and topped with Giant Lychee...
below pic to show how giant is the size of lychee.... 
I wonder which brand of can lychee are they using...



Cappucino... rm 10 (not cheap)
the Iced coffee is not that good... hmm.. for me..
but the hot one is okay... 

after waited don't know how long...
our foods are served... 
for those, who's hunger for foods.. Cozy definitely not a good choice...
it's a normal issue to have 1.5 hrs waiting time just for 2 plates of pasta over here...
want good foods, bear the long waiting time...
I don't mind to wait because I just love it...   :)



during my second visit, I had the Aglio Olio with German Sausages...  rm 23
cooked with olive oil, garlic and chilli flakes... the Parmesan cheese and herbs sprinkle on top simply added more flavors into the dish...
chef has pan-fried the sausages separately...
I like...  :)  


I can't recall it's full name...
it's some Tomato paste of Fettuccine with Mussels...  rm 25
the portion of pasta is rather little, served with 5 very fresh mussels...
this is not available all time... 
according to Yc, the mussels are super sweet, juicy and fresh !
she deeply falls in love with it after first bite... 



Homemade Passion Fruits Panna Cotta, rm 12

Panna cotta (from Italian cooked cream) is an Italian dessert made by simmering togethercreammilk and sugar, mixing this with gelatin, and letting it cool until set.

this is really good though very pricey for such tiny portion...
I'm not a fans of this dessert since I'm not really keen with coconut stuff.. (except fresh coconut drinks)
most of the panna cotta I've tried before is with coconut as part of the ingredient, and made me put in mind that, panna cotta - must have strong coconut taste...
and now I know, it depends, NOT All panna cotta made with coconut... 

chef served this with fresh passion fruits, the sour taste of the fruits certainly balance up the sweetness from the dessert...
very nice ! worth trying... 



3rd week - 3rd visit...

Banana and Lime Lassi... 
the combo sounds weird but taste really good.. 
the lime makes the beverages becomes quite refreshing... 


I had this Fresh Spaghetti with Pork Bacon and Asparagus... rm 25
the Fresh Spaghetti looks more like wan tan mee... 
does ' fresh ' means, freshly made upon order placed? I'm not sure...
nice... 


Carbonara Spaghetti with Pork Bacon... rm 23
this taste really good !
when I saw the raw egg, immediately I add few points to the dish...
the real and perfect way to cook carbonara is always adding raw eggs towards the end, when the mixed sauce and pasta Off from stove...
the heat from the pasta can just cook the egg perfectly, nicely but not overcooked...


the portion for this dish supposed to be more 'normal', when I see from Eve's blog...
we suspected they are running out of the ingredient when cooking ours, the portion of 2 orders of Carbonara are rather small...
too little to fill our tummy...
but no doubt, it's very yummie...

thanks Jen for the generous treats~  :)


xoxo

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...