Friday, March 29, 2013

Pickle & Fig TTDI

18th Jan' 2013...
2 of my good old frens finally opened their very First-and-more-to-come Pickle & Fig Cafe in KL, TTDI...
after gone through many rounds of planning, discussions, testing, executions...
finally, it's on business now... *yippie

happy thing is, the response is kinda good since it's opened...  
I'm so happy for them...

shame on me that only managed to pay a visit after 2 months plus...
went KL for a training course, and first in my to-do-list 
= I want to go Pickle & Fig...

the overall concept is simple and nice...
which I personally very love  :)
big space, and definitely a good hang out spot, to sip a coffee or grab a healthy juice and catch some good time chit chatting... 




you will place your order at the Cashier, and pay on the spot...
the Foods and Beverages Menu have been written clearly and nicely on the big big board on the wall... 


they are concentrating on the Hot Pressed Panini, Cold Gourmet Sandwiches and Fresh Salads at the moment...
soon, they might explore on soups and other foods...
just stay tune... 

for beverages, they offer varieties of healthy juices combo...
before launching, they did many researches on the nutrition consists in each ingredients and having few rounds of test drinking among friends...
hence, the juices combo now are confirming Fantastic and "Healthilicious" !
no drama, as myself very likey... hehe



their business cards and many cards & board games are available at the counter for customers...

  

big and small tables for your choice...
and we like this huge, canteen / meeting type of seats haha



after placed order, waiter will serve cutlery and sauces to your table while waiting for your foods... 



I have this favourite Goji Me Juice, rm 12
mixture of Strawberry, Goji, Apple, Pineapple and Yogurt...
no sugar or ice added... my love, really ! 


Stef's favourite - Avocado Dates rm 13
Avocado, dates, milk & yogurt...
it's very filling and rich...


non - diary juice - Mango Passion rm 9


Caesar Salad rm 12
Romaine Lettuce + hard-boiled egg + beef bacon + crountons + shredded parmesan...
** add on rm 4 per for chicken breast 
or rm 6 for smoked salmon...

the portion is quite generous and we all very happy and love it...   :)


** all sandwiches or panini served with Homemade Triple Cooked Wedges and side salads with Balsamic dressing... 
  


Smoked Turkey Roll & Cheddar rm 15
Smoked turkey roll + sauteed mushroom + cheddar cheese + infused oil on whole meal or white bread...
this is Katz's fav... 
simple and nice   :)








Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese  rm 19
smoked salmon + capers + chives cream cheese + lemon tarragon mayo + mixed greens on focaccia


the ingredients are generous, you can taste the ingredient in every bites of any side of the sandwiches...

I've been working at several cafes / sandwich bars during my 18 mths in Melbourne...
sandwiches and salads are my best frens...
hahahahahahha
I can eat them 3 meals per day for 365 days...
So I'm pretty happy and wish to have such cafe around my living areas~ 
( * I become part of P&F d... I stick their sticker on myself... hahaha~ )

they serve nice brewed coffee too...
too bad it's dinner time, and I won't have the courage to challenge caffeine after 6pm daily...
I'm no longer at "young-age"    :(


Double-shots Flat White...
they serve nice and smooth coffee...
the bubbles from the froth in the pic, was because I took long time to talk and snap this pic... my fault...
the coffee bean used for this cup of coffee will cause the froth turned 'bubble' easier and faster than other brands according to the coffee dealer... 




in the end, I've been forced to try out this Espresso at 10 pm !!!!  
it has really nice aroma, too nice to reject, especially for coffee lover like me..
it's not bitter but a nice and strong bitter sweet after taste stay in your throat...



Baked Nachos, with pickled jalapeno, black olives, tomato salsa and melted cheese


Pickle & Fig have been featured in both I.M. and RRenovation magazines... 



Interview of both owners and a lot details can be found in the magazines introductions... 



before the entrance door, there are this on the left wall...
there are tables outside for smokers~


of course I MUST write something too, to 'prove' I was here... 
hahaha


most of the things I wanted to do within my capabilities which I listed for myself during school time I've already done... like tattoo, sky diving, study overseas, traveling alone and blah...
after few seconds of figuring..
I thought of something to write somehow...


Before I die, I wish to 
BE HAPPY
every moment... so to bring happiness to everyone around me...   :)


they have this daily promo...
please stay tune on the board at the entrance or their Facebook Official Page...


we stayed till closing...
and
OFF
for
second round
catch-up...
hehehe...


I'm so proud of you, guys...
keep it up ~
HOPE to visit again soon~   *winkz



Starting Monday, 1st April Pickle & Fig TTDI will be extending their daily operation hours an hour later during the night so, guys could come hang out tad lil bit longer.

Sunday - Thursday : 10am - 11pm
Friday and Saturday : 10am - 12am

Follow them on their Facebook Page


1 comment:

Spicy Sharon said...

was thinking of giving this place a go this weekend.
stumbled onto your blog. first link some more! =)
salad looks really good! and the toastie looks really promising.
I would probly be torn on what to order by then.

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...