Thursday, May 27, 2010

Farewell with Zoe at Batik Nyonya Cafe, New World Park

In my previous post, I mentioned we had a farewell lunch at Khuntai for Zoe with my family...
a week before that, we actually went for a farewell dinner with the girls...

we made it at Batik Nyonya Cafe, New World Park...


I quite looked forward to try out this Nyonya Restaurant since it has opened for few months...
I supposed they really spent times and ideas on the deco...

sadly to say that, we were kinda disappointed after the dinner...
we don't think we had set any high expectation on the foods..
just not for our liking perhaps...

Nyonya Cuisine always famous with nutmeg drinks...
once we stepped in the restaurant...
I can smell a strong fragrant of Nutmeg.. and I think it's good...
when I was so looking forward to try their traditional nutmeg drinks...
Carene told me... she felt it's rather weird and not nice during her last attempt...

in fact, it's so thick.. but surprisingly, doesn't have the taste that a nutmeg drinks should have...
slightly bitter instead...
I dunno if this is their special home recipe... just not for my liking... :P

Loh Bak

the look not really convincing... the taste.. erm.. OK

Jiu Hoo Char ( Cuttlefish fried Turnip )


Belacan Fried Chicken


Assam Prawn


Chicken Kapitan


Hainanese Spring Roll

it looks bit different from what I had at other places...
the different pastry they used maybe?

the tastiest dish of the nite~

Sambal Kangkung !!!

Stir Fry Egg and Salumi with Sambal

this was the first time most of us tried this veggie...
not for my liking.. it tasted bitter which I dunno why...
Fanne said those that like this veggie.. caused of the bitter taste... @.@

Ayam Ponteh


Linna kept emphasing...
not to order any fish dish...
as she had a bad experience at here before...
however, we still ordered this Nyonya Curry Fish for mummy...

the curry is not bad... but fish ain't that fresh....

Carene insisted us to try this Nyonya dessert...
no doubt.. it's really nice...

Pungat...
slightly taste similar like Bor Bor Cha Cha... but this added the flavour of Banana...
nice try~ :)
*thumbs up

a pic before leaving the restaurant


ladies in stripes...



the girls will never talk-enough..
thus, we headed to esplanade for Rojak and la la...
before their babies and hubbies call to chase home... :P

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...