Monday, February 1, 2010

KOPICINE in Georgetown

lately, we've found 2 new spots for ' Healism ' ...

2 new places that owned by foreigners...
I was once post a shout-out in FB.. saying


" when Penangites dunno how to fully-utilize this nice-piece of land, Foreigners
do... "

what a shame?
there're a lot of nice heritage places around Penang...
but the local here doesn't seem to cherish it...
abandon and don't-care...
foreigners know what's-the-best-thing afterall...

they invest, and start the business...
to earn the local's $$.... -__-"
*shameful*

frens that closed to me...
knowing my dream is to open a Cafe, that playing Jazz and selling best coffee... ^^
the Foods & Beverage Menu for my cafe is already in-mah-mind since long time..
but sadly say that.. my dream is still very far from me...
due to... <> alot , capital --> none >
-__-" *another sigh~

kept telling my buddies...
not so long, someone must have done something similiar with wut I want here !
and here it goes.... ish...


KOPICINE...

a nice hangout spot located nearby Guan Yim Temple...
during my 1st visit to this place on 1st Jan' 2010,
things were not fully-set-up yet..
not much varieties offered on their both F&B menu...

I had my 2nd visit to this place again 1 month later...
everything is get-set... and
they play JAZZ !!!
sumore my-fav ShangHai Jazz Album which one of my fav bar in Melbourne that used to play...
I've been asking around after I backed to Pg, no one seems to know this album...

I was surprised while browsing at their menu...
it's like.. everything is so 'familiar'...
those beverages like I had before in Aussie but not M'sia...
and the foods... tho the prices are slightly higher...
but I would give it a go to try on... as I believe they are using "imported-ingredients"... hehe

after some conversation with the staff there, got to know the Owner is AUSTRALIAN !!


no-wonder~




the name of KopiCine is actually comes from --
Coffee Cinema...
they play movie everynight from 9-11pm with this projector on the wall...
Being told that, mostly they would play Chinese Movie...
the owner has been in Penang for about 16 years, and very into Chinese Culture...
owned a series of Chinese Movie Collection that like to share around...

below pic was taken 1 month ago...
the kitten was so cute and actively jumping and running here and there...
a month later... it becomes kind of lazy...
saw this notice on the bar counter...
Ginger is really cute... whoever that feel like adopting it.. pls feel free to contact the owner...
there are few drinks that I would like to recommend...
Pineapple Juice with Ginger and Lime...
which myself like very much..
I always had Pineapply & Ginger Juice when I was in Melbourne...
Pineapple is good for Detox, while Ginger is helped for windy-stomach...

this round... sumore beverages added to their menu...
left:
Mint and Lime in Soda Juice... rm 10
which is so refreshing on a hot Sunday afternoon...
this is something similar like Mojito but without alcohol~
right:
Pineapple Juice with Mint and Ginger... ^^ rm 10
Mocha with Ice Cream...
Aussie Fav... Chicken Snitzher Sandwiche with Tomato, Avocado, Lettuce and Cameralised Onion... rm 28Homemade Italian Cream Cake... with loads of nuts...
I supposed it contained walnut, pecan, almond and etc..
I add another point to this cafe.. as it serves Brown Cube Sugar !!!! he
he he
Aussie likes this ! but San Pellegrino is selling expensive in M'sia... !!
one of the must-have-thing in Kimmie-future-cafe...
Crayons !!! --> KopiCine has ~
can see they covered every table with a big piece of white paper... and put a glass of crayons on it..
stewpig and frens asked me what is this for...
told em... it's for the customer to draw on the table while waiting the foods and drinks to be served...
many restaurants in Aussie have this practise...

the owner not only invest in a little restaurant and bar...
but the whole row of heritage premises...
next to Kopicine... it's a Reading Room... that linked to it..
a month ago.. it names as BonTon
but now changed to " The Reading Room "
heaps of books, novel, gameboards are available in the huge cupboard...
all for the customer to enjoy but Not-for-selling...

the next two houses are guest-house-for-rent~
the designs are simple awesome...
something different from the hotel-style-room...




the rental per nite is about rm 400 ++ for the bottom level, which are as the photos shown above...
and
rm 450 ++ for upper level.. I only taken pics with my lomo-Diana ( thus, no photo can be shown at da moment )
they would suggest family guest to stay at the upper level, as it has a huge master bedroom with king-size-bed and another small room...
without the balcony for coffee like it has at the lower floor... hmmm...
the Restaurant opens from morning till 11pm every weekday and weekend...
list of cocktails and selection of wine are available at KopiCine...
last but not least, they do have homemade ice cream !!
I will try the Gula Melaka Ice Cream on my 3rd visit... :P
something not giving a thumb-up to here is...
no air-conditional at KopiCine... ( can feel the Aussie Style huh... )
the atmosphere is good... no doubt it's rily hot since the weather is kinda crazie lately...







No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...