Monday, March 15, 2010

Amelie Cafe @ Amenian Street

I've been looking for a little cafe in Georgetown for quite some times...
saw random photos in FB while viewing unknown-album...

by following my instinct, I insisted stewpig to bring me to this street.... Lebuh Amenian...
and here it is !

I found this little cafe... ^^
AMELIE CAFE

A cosy little cafe that owned by a lovely couple...
started business since 3 mths ago...
few shops down from Edelweiss Cafe... next to Cheah Kongsi...
a very small homey-cafe with only 2 tables, and a side row... at the moment...
they are currently sprucing up the first floor and plans are underway for an outdoor garden seating area which facing Cheah Kongsi...

with the eco-friendly concept... re-used and recycle materials of furnitures, decorations.. all handmade by the passionate owners...

~kimmiez-kind-of-place~ *winks~





I supposed all this menu were hand-drawn by the owner...
each menu has a different front and back cover...

they painted this corner of wall with black...
so to write down the Menu with chalks, changed daily~ *creative~


little shelf for books~

Range of coffee are available...
owner said : Hazelnut Latte is selling good...
but I grabbed the Capuccino and Stewpig had the Caffe Latte instead...

Breaky is available till 11.30 am...

Stewpig ordered this Small Breakfast... with a Rye Bread Toast, an egg ( with a choice of soft boil/ scramble or sunny top ), bacon slices and fruits...
rm 10.90


the slightly toasted Rye Bread is nice... strawberry jam with chunky strawberry is served too...


kimmie had the Homemade Yogurt with Granola and Fruits...
Granola of toasted oats, walnut, almond, cashew nuts and raisin...
Fruits - sweet and juicy watermelon, starfruits, apple, sweet pineapple and banana in slices...
rm 6.90

a healthy breaky makes kimmie happee~ :)

we ordered the Portabello Mushroom Soup for sharing...

the mushroom soup is really thick..
I supposed they blended the mushroom to cook this...
unlike the creamy types with strong flavour of Cream and Milk...

tiny but with full-equipments kitchen..
I feel kind of warmth with this area~ ^^



I heard the customer next table said that...
the pasta here is nice..
perhaps I would try it during my next visit... :)
I will definitely come here again..
I just like the atmosphere sumhow~ ^^




No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...