Monday, January 10, 2011

mum-mum in Mongkok II

this post is about makan trip around Mongkok~






stewpig and I been missing the Congee from this restaurant for 14 months...
can't wait to grab my family back to the shop and try it...
by the time we got here, was almost lunch hour...
too bad the instant made chee cheong fun were finished...
luckily left some congee for stewpig and I ~
while the rest gone for some other main courses~
foods are okay, portion super huge !

Roasted Goose Congee
I never had any congee as nice as smooth as this place...
where recommended by Chua Lam...
[ click here for more congee I had last year ]
牛煵焖河粉 ( Braised Beef Brisket with Hor Fun )


乾炒牛河 ( Stir Fry Hor Fun with Beef Slices )



Egg, Veggie and Pork Soup

牛煵籮卜煲 Beef Brisket Radish Claypot


******************

Stewpig and I purposely went back to this shop to have the Roasted Goose Rice...
while the rest going some where else...
we had this in our last trip and miss it for a year !!
宏發烧爉 (Hong Fatt ) at 通菜街 Tong Choy Street


*************
this Pearl Milk Tea stall is just at the exit/ entrance of Wong Kok Zhong Sam ( Mongkok Centre)
something that I need to emphasize here is...
je je, who never fancy of milk-tea-type-of-beverages...
nagging want to have this everyday !
she likes it since she tried one in Oct' 09...
of course, she doesn't take the pearl drinks, but she is so much into the Red Bean Paste Green Milk Tea...
which I had before during my last trip in Sept' 09...
something special with Happy Lemon is the varieties of drinks available...
besides the normal pearl, the offer SMALL pearl... (smaller size of pearl which I never seen in other places ) , several types of jelly, Han Tian (Japan famous diet food) , and bean paste...
I will always go for my fav Honey Lemon with han tian jelly...
while je je grabbed her Red Bean Paste Green Milk Tea and ko ko had the Big Pearl + Small Pearl Coffee Blended...
ko ko said : CHU~~~ (pig)
cuz his drinks has SO Much of pearlsSss~~
*********
I saw this every where during my last trip in last Sept...
but I didn't get to try it !!
till this round !!
and now I understand why everyone shopping in Mongkok must grab a packet !!!
even the crowd is so packed and pek chek !!

it's type of japanese noodles....
small portion inside small packet...
varieties of noodles such as: green noodles, yellow noodles, vermicelli noodles, instant noodles and etc...
1stly, you will choose the noodles
followed by the ingredients u want to add on...
as much as u want... no limit !
after they mixed the ingredients u chosen with the noodles, they will mixed around with some special sauce, garlic, chilli (optional) and etc...
ours, Green Noodles, with Seaweed, baby hotdog and I forgot what else...
most people like to mix with baby octopus, and I guess it tasted fab too..
but I stopped je je to add it as I don't eat ! :P
** the noodles and ingredients are cold, in a fridge !!

mad love it...
I miss it so much !!!!!
to be cont'
Tsim Tsa Tsui~

2 comments:

chic-n-clever said...

Can you please give the direction to the packet cold noodle? Thanks :)

Unknown said...

it's inside Mongkok Centre

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...