Thursday, February 19, 2009

David Brown, Penang Hill.. Happee Valentine's day~

14th Feb' 09...

I guess this was the mah first tym spending Valentine's day with mah valentine~ ^^
all da while, I used to emphasize that valentine's day is never meant only for lover, but family and frens as well...
I enjoyed celebrate this sweet-day with my soul mates... girls nite, girls talk, all nite long..
as time passed, buddies around started involve into relationship... had been couple of years I celebrated this day with my beloved familie.. all due to mah sisters-sisters sekalian busy hanging out with their other half.. or out of town... =.=

even so... I didn't really expect much on this day...
people used to say, everyday is Valentine's day as long as it is spent with your love one...
and I do agree with this philosophy...
this is just a day dat provided couple chances for gift exchange~ a boom to stimulate the market,
and a chance for the restaurants owners to 'kill' couples' wallets...

since it was the first valentine's day with stewpig.. I did look forward to it... not for surprises, just da day, da moment itself...
but still din expect any special event to happen at times... as rily no idea wut to do...

stewpig successfully made me down by kept pretending to neglect this day... and made me believe he didn't plan anything ahead...
I didn't get mad.. but turned up very out of mood and so not wanted to celebrate it... as I hate all last-minute-plan...

honestly, I really tot of staying home watch dvds/ astro with family and him... no point to simply get a restaurant and pay extra $ for dinner...

he forced me to get dressed and insisted to go out somewhere for dinner...
initially, this was totally out of my willingness... as I'd already eaten at home...

by da time we got ourselves on da road already 8ish.. everywhere was so jam~
he suggested to go Bt Feringghi.. my fav spot in Pg...
I just kept trying to presuade him not to... reason being I was not hungry at all yet the traffic was crazie...
he suddenly drove to Botanical Garden and said sumone was gonna pass him sumthing..
we parked there and waited for more den half an hr.. when I started getting frustrated.. he asked me to go down the car.. we walked to the guard house, and I noticed there were some more couples gathered there...
and now only I known wut was happening~!
he had planned a valentine's dinner at David Brown !!! I was delighted~




















everything was supposed to turn out nicely and romatically...
the terrible part was their management.. he made reservation for da 2nd session, dinner supposed to start at 9pm - 11pm..
but their four-wheels only came down to pick us at 915...
when we got up there, all the tables were occupied.. the 1st session ain't finished yet !!
incredibly, we got served the main course at 1130pm !!
thanks god they have a great environment with beautiful sceneries... orelse I'm sure the customers will surely go insane and screw them up... I think the icy cold weather does help out a lot !
no doubt the foods are nice.. just bcuz we'd waited for too long, lost our appetite...
we had difficulty to finish our pricey foods...





Prawn Cocktail w side salad as appetizer...
















it stopped for a while after serving the appetizer... the arrangement and services was a mess after all !


























the mushroom soup is actually very nice... thick and creamy ,
could taste a lot of little pieces of mushrooms...
but it was bit cold when it served.. so wasted...
Rack of Lamb...
knowing that they're famous at their Grill foods...
this lamb proved them right...
the meats were well-flavoured.. the grilling just nice.. medium done.. which made the lamb so tender and juicy...










Grilled Salmon Steak
the fish is fresh !













































Dessert: Strawberries with Choc dip~





































they offer a number of imported beers... we didn't order any of them, as the set dinner comes with glass of house pour...



















we ended up became the last customers.. as we were having fun, taking lotsa photos with the breath-taking sceneries...
tho we don't have the tripod... but we still made it with the uncle timer and mr table~ ^^





































eventhough the services have upset us a lot.. but we still plan to have a second visit..
as the sceneries and atmosphere have certainly attacted us..
thanks bie..
happee Valentine's day~ :)

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...