Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sakae Teppanyaki, Autocity

07122008... a Sunday that doesn't need to work on the next day~ *weEee...
was planned to join Linna & family to try out the new-found-salted-egg-crab... unfortunately, ko ko was not free... hence, we decided to drop this plan and gonna try out someday else...
since the following day was Public Holiday... I insisted to do 'something' in order to not waste this 'special-Sunday'..
je je suggested to go Auto-city for dinner... as ah yee wanna go to the factory outlet store at there too...

the diff between Sakae Autocity and Sakae Sushi in Penang.. is, this is mainly for Teppanyaki !! no doubt the design and deco is beautiful and grand..
8 of us sat in a row in front of the teppanyaki pan..
and I just sat in the middle, exactly right in front of the pan.. should I consider the lucky or unlucky one?










when I first walked in the store... I got stunned with the cheesecakes displaying in front of the counter...













their best-selling is the Tofu Cheesecake... doesn't it sound special... I guess it might be nice.. will try out next time...

besides, they have the Sesame Cheesecake, GreenTea, Strawerry, Shochu Cheese cake which the waitress told me is an alcohol 1 and etc...













I ordered the Strawberry cheesecake...
hmmm... it's not for my liking tho..
the jelly thing on top.. kinda chewy and sweet?
perhaps it was becaused I was having flu, thus I can't really try out the real taste...

Every is served with a triplet saucer like this with Soy Sauce, Chilli Powder and Shallot...




















the Japanese Salad served with the set meals...



















after waited for a while, the chef started his 'performance'
the first ingredient was Garlic... heaps of garlic for the garlic rice~
The Garlic Rice is nice... there's a extra RM3 topped up to the price for set meal if you upgrade the white rice to Garlic Rice..
but if you were to order the A la Carte Garlic Rice, it will cost RM 6.90...






















Nasu Dengaku... this is a Grilled EggPlant and topped with the soft cuttlefish flakes...
I was so happee when seeing this dish in the menu...
while I was working in the Japz Rest in Aussie... this is one of the best-selling appetizer in the shop...
almost 8 of 10 tables of customers would place this order..
I so wanted to try again after came back... but not every Japs restaurant is selling this in Penang...
bcuz I was having flu, I couldn't rily commend the taste, but I let je je, je fu, ah yee and daddy tried it... they all like it though...

daddy and je je ordered the Teppan Sukiyaki Beef Set...
the Sukiyaki beef served in this way.. so special..
















the chef folded a aluminium foil box on the fried pan...
first boiled the soup with some sauces added...
when the soup is boiled, he added in the beef slices and followed by the egg and vegie such as carrots, white onion, white cabbage, Spring onion and Enoki mushroom on top..
closed them with a big round cover, let the heat to cook the foods thoroughly...


























daddy not really like it, claimed that it's too sweet... the soup is sweet like how sukiyaki soup meant to be...
I still prefer Shabu-Shabu, with almost the same ingredients but less sweet... ^^
and it would have Glass Noodles !!!

















Je fu had the Fried - Udon...
I would call it Udon Pattaya... he he
udon fried with carrots, white cabbage, squid and prawn... wrapped in an omellete..



























Mummy and uncle had the Seafood & Chicken Set which has the chicken cutlet, Oyster, Cuttlefish, Tofu Steak, Assorted Mushroom, Salad and Rice & Miso Soup...
while Ah yee enjoyed the Deluxe Seafood Set
with Tiger prawn, Cuttlefish, Oyster, Japanese Escargot, Teppan Chawanmushi, Assorted Vege, Salad and Rice & Miso Soup...



















this is the so-called Teppan Chawanmushi with seafood that came with the deluxe seafood set...
they empty the white onion and left only the outer layer...
the chef poured in the egg and covered it for a while...
when it was half cooked, the chef added in the prawn and some more ingredients to taste and filled it up with some more egg mixed then covered again...
this is special... it was the first time I experienced the Teppan Chawanmushi... ("steamed egg" in Teppanyaki way)



















the tofu Steak is actually the Japanese tofu,
pan fried it...
and topped with the mixed vegie of carrots, capsicum and onion with teppanyaki sauce...





































the Assorted Vegie and mushroom served last... when everyone is too fulled to have them...
















the mixed mushroom is too salty for me...
I supposed Sushi should be served before the main course... but unfortunately, I again became the unluckiest one..
I wonder why my foods always come the last when I dine out with frens or family, anywhere.. aiks.. yet I was always the most excited and looked forward 1... *grrrr..... -rolling-eyes-


















Unagi Foie Gras Maki
Sushi rice rolled with pan fried foie gras topped with river eel, avocado and ikura...
sushi is not bad.. but I only had the one with unagi... and left the foir gras one for daddy... he he.. kinda disgusting for me...



















Overall, I will rate the foods here as SO SO...
can't really taste any special taste from the foods... just the flavour of Salt, soy Sauce, butter, perhaps some more sesame oil... which are the ingredients the chef used to cook our foods...
and I reckon he always done mistakes, as I noticed him always shaken his head when I assumed he has done something wrong... like putting too much salt... overcooked and so on..
from his age and outlook.. I can see that he could consider a senior chef, experienced... but still happened this thing..
I'm not saying an experienced chef shouldn't have mistakes... but why must you show out? since knowing the customers are just sitting in front and watching over you...
we won't be sure that mistakes have been done if he doesn't shake his head so obvious...
we will think, maybe he 'purposely' do so, right...?
our total bill turned up RM300++
quite expensive, since the foods are just so so... and I came out with a strong disgusting smell all over, from head to toe... geeeeeeee~

No comments:

Trois Canon Cafe @ Chulia Street

Been passing by this cafe for years... always have a thought that ' it can survive for so long, must have some reasons... '  wa...